Wednesday, February 19, 2014

NYC, im in you

 NYC; night1




So this week a lot of people (mostly my guest) have been asking me how long I have been planning my trip to New York, the answer always shocks them and makes me laugh. Lets rewind to this past new years eve, my best friend came to visit and ring in the new year with me, along with dinner and a party we decided to make a new years resolution list for all the things we hoped to accomplish/ experience this year. At fist the list started out silly naming off things such as-- "try new food" or "go see a movie you normally wouldn't see" the list quickly started to take a turn into nearly impossible outrageous ideas as well, "meet Harry Styles" "become famous"  and of course "move back to CA." We started to realize that we needed to be more reasonable with our ideas and started to come up with some pretty decent ones, "be more adventurous" "live freely" "be spontaneous." Right around this moment was when we got the idea to start applying these new goals to our life asap. We started tossing around the idea of taking a trip and of course the first place that comes to the mind of twenty one year old girls is the big apple. After dinner we went straight to the mac and booked our flight and hotel with out looking back. We were fully living out these last few moments of 2013 by planning and booking this spur of the moment trip! On our high of doing such a spontaneous act I got the sudden urge to also buy our ONE DIRECTION tickets, now I know this is irrelevant to the story BUT im throwing it in so you can really get the effect of how we truly spent out last minutes, LIVING ON THE EDGE.

So my really long drawn out answer to the question is, no we have not been planning this trip for long. We actually haven't planned anything about it what so ever, were here in New York as we speak (or as I type) and we have no clue what were going to be doing over the course of the next few days. The furthest we have gotten on planning our days out is that tomorrow we know were going to SHOP. But with this trip I think is when we will really be putting our resolutions to the test, no plans = being spontaneous. Lets hope we handle it well!

 (snapped this right before we boarded our flight)

(sweet guy next the the window was nice 
enough to take a pic for me as we were landing)

(view from our hotel window, staying at Milford Plaza)

(Nicole looking extra hipster in our tiny, but cute room)



The post for the remainder of this week along with the weekend will be filled with the adventures we face daily, the photos we take along the way, and a personal space where I can fill the pages with memories ill always look back on. Hope you enjoy this trip as much as we do, im glad you're here to take it with me.

xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment