Monday, February 3, 2014

fiction vs. reality




"And no matter what you do, or how hard you try you can't stop yourself from dreaming."

Sometimes when Im reading a good book I feel myself caught within the pages unable to break free from the imagination of the author. I can't seem to get back to my reality once I put the book down, but with that thought is that such a terrible thing? First off this means that the author is doing such an incredible job of painting a picture in my mind, second is my life really so boring that I wish I was trapped in the pages on a shelf, and third why is it such a crime to have such an open imagination to the endless possibilities of the universe of fictional characters... These stories have a meaning, a message, a point they what to cross over your mind. I feel myself starting to connect with them on such a personal level of some sort that I truly can picture the story as it comes to life while I read each word.



Book's are my escape, along with music. (But that's a whole other post in itself) Books are the dreamland of people who wish to bring excitement to their own reality. For me I find comfort in being able to know a character inside and out, being able to really feel the emotion of every moment they face. The stories are a doorway to another universe of possibilities, breathtaking romances, horrible plot twists, and countless un realistic scenarios. But are they really that far away from reality? They are the new reality. I get lost in the pages, feel myself starting to cringe as I get closer to the end, and truly go into depression mode when I find out there isn't a sequel to follow the dreadful words, "the end." When you tie books into your everyday life you get caught between the two worlds. This can sometimes be a bit tricky, on one hand your book life is just a fictional story where you can't escape the feelings of how real it seems, then on the other your real life has the longing to have the fiction become the truth. But can you actually have a romance like the story books? I don't know the answer, but I have hope that the person God has chosen for me will be my true fairy tale prince. Im not ashamed to say that I love books with every ounce of my soul. They are my playground of a fantasied dreamland. I love how I invest myself into the story and really enjoy all the emotions they have on me.






Yes the stories are dangerous. A book is a magic carper that flies you off elsewhere. A book is a door. You open it. You step through. But do you ever really come back?

No comments:

Post a Comment