Thursday, February 13, 2014

lost and found for the lonely

After watching Crazy Stupid, Love five times already this week I can surely tell you with confidence I fall in love with Ryan Gosling more and more each time. As you may know Valentines day is approaching us fairly quickly; and by that I mean its tomorrow people. A lot of things change in my life but one con-stance that remains the same is my mom has been my valentine each year, cheesy? Maybe, but do I wish it was anyone else? NO. This year will be no different, for years I can remember my mom always waking us up with breakfast ready along side with candy and a card. I don't think I really appreciated it as much as I should have, matter of fact I don't think I appreciated all the little things my mom did for me as much as I thought I did until I grew up moved away. (Sorry Mom) 
So along with Crazy Stupid, Love I have also memorized all of the Endless Love commercials, and could probably quote some of the About Last Night commercials. Silly I know, but this would be because I have been curled in bed watching countless hours of rubbish TV instead of being like every other girl in College Station, running around town trying to find that "perfect" gift.  And you can bet your bottom dollar I am definitely not making any goodie baskets for my "sweetheart." 

*although girls I can assure you that you'r basket isn't cuter than my roommates, they went above and beyond making the cutest gifts

Even though I don't officially have a Valentine, you don't see me freaking out over it do you? I finally feel like I am in a place of happiness and the source of this happiness isn't some guy either. My happiness is from myself, oh and ice cream/tumblr help too.  For so long I thought happiness was only brought into your life by other people, I was very very wrong. Peace, that is what I needed to find first before I could even begin to get happy. I needed to be able to be content with myself, and figure out who I am before ever bringing another into my life, and guess what Im still figuring that out. Im not opposed to having a boyfriend and im not a scrooge when it comes to Valentines day. I love, love. I just don't NEED it in my life at this point, and that's ok. The fact that Im even able to sit here and write this post with the confidence of saying that I don't have the need to have a guy in my life at this point in time is a big deal for me personally. I have always liked having that security of knowing there was someone there. I would trick myself into thinking that the bad things guys would do to me would be something I deserved. I was naive and would settle. Finally I have come to the realization that I should NEVER have to settle with anything in my life. God has such a bigger plan for us than we could ever imagine and we shouldn't rush into something just because we "want" it. We should learn patience, if we wait for the right person God will lead them to us. So you might as well enjoy the time you have discovering yourself. So with that who better than to have once again as my Valentine than my mom? 

Although my plans for the night wont be as awesome as my best friends, McDonald's & a Harry Potter marathon, I will enjoy getting to spend time with my mom at dinner. What will you be doing this Valentines? 

No comments:

Post a Comment