Thursday, January 23, 2014

books, warm blankets, tea, & snow

Heya everybody, hope everyone has had a lovely Thursday.

It is a bit cold today compared to the past couple of days. Had to break out a few extra throw blankets this morning to snuggle up with. While most people are complaining the weather is a tad icky, im however loving it. Im using this as a test run for my trip to New York (which is coming up shorty, 26 more days!) I've been bundling up, adding lots of layers to my daily outfits and trying out a few new pairs of boots. There is no better time to break them in than now.


My Thursday was a pretty laid back day. I got to sleep in a extra bit today, seeing that my work day didn't start until two pm this afternoon. I did a bit of room cleaning, I've been playing around with my furniture moving and rearranging it up. (I finally got a look that I like after three separate tries) I seem to always change my room after a few months just so I don't get bored with it. At work today I had two of my favorite clients come in for haircuts, my wonderful grandma(s.)



To others it seems funny that my parents are divorced, yet my grandparents are still friends regardless. But to me I've always known them to be the best of friends, so it's normal. 

After a not so busy work day I was headed to get my things to return home, and quickly noticed that I (stupidly) forgot to grab a coat on my way out the door this afternoon. Needless to say running in rainy 30 degree weather with OUT a jacket was terrible, but the car ride home made it even worse. *note to self always bring a jacket no matter what. Once home and in heat, I happily changed into sweat pants and a hoodie. Dinner was quite, none of my roommates were around tonight. Duck Dynasty was my background choice for this dinner. Since I've caught up on some light reading, articles, news stories, the Justin Bieber scandal, and scrolled through my twitter account.  

All in all today has been light, and pretty normal. 
(Minus the JB arrest lol)

.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment