Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Okay? Okay.

*Small update following this post





John Green will now forever be a name in my regular day to day vocabulary. His book (now turned major motion picture) The Fault In Our Stars, has consumed my wandering eyes and thoughts over the course of the past few days. I bought the book a few months back when I saw it at an Urban Outfitters, while visiting New York, pretty random place to see it if you ask me. Never the less I googled the title and saw that it would soon be a movie so of course I had to see what it was all about before I would allow myself to step foot in the theater. I had every intention to start reading right away, but this was right around the time Divergent was in theaters so I had to prioritize and read that one first, which by the way I ended up stopping about half way threw because I couldn't wait a second longer to read TFIOS (look at that hip lingo) so I pushed pause on Divergent to start reading. I visited the beach for mothers day and thought this would be the perfect time seeing the movie comes out on JUNE 6TH, mark your calendars people, and I now have completed the book cover to cover with a few turn backs just because it was so beautiful, and I thought Id share my thoughts on the story and give a mini "book review."

Now with any book I like to really clear my mind and take every word the author has written and Imagine it from his/her point of view. John Green made it very easy to really dive deep into the story, fairly quickly if I must say. The book if you do not know is about two young adults around the ages of 16/17 who both are terminally sick with cancer. However, (this part is important so pay attention) this book is NOT about cancer, it is simply a love story about two people. It is completely beautifully written and well voiced. The characters, Hazel and Augustus, are two people you are genuinely rooting for. Like I said the book does not focus on the fact that they both have cancer, but it is a part of the story, the book focuses more on the present and the way they are living their lives day to day rather than counting the days they have left. Their love is true and pure, one that we all hope to have within our lives, it's great because in the beginning of the story Hazel is so hesitant to fall in love because she sees the reality. She knows they will both shortly die and is extremely scared, but isn't that the point to love like there is no tomorrow? Life has no guarantees, we are not given a set amount of days where we can count down, it is unknown to us, so love now in this moment. As soon and she realizes this their love truly unfolds within the pages you are reading and let me just warn you of the waterworks. (And no this is not just because I have overreactive tear ducts and cry at everything!)  It is an emotional roller coaster, one that only goes up. (just a little joke for the ones who've read the book) I am so impressed with the story and the feeling that it gave me. I feel as if I've truly received a gift with this story and encourage you to pick up a copy and see what all the hype is about for yourself.






Now that I've read the book I am literally counting down the days until the movie, I am so thrilled with the cast that has been selected to play the characters. I will openly admit I've watched the trailer to the movie about 67 plus times, and let me just say I am fully prepared to bring a huge box of tissues with me to the screening. Ill also have to remember to block my ex boy friends number so that after I see it I don't end up sending out some emotional sappy text message that I would most likely regret in the morning. Hehe.




Like I mentioned in the beginning of this post Id like to talk to you guys apart from the book. I am very excited to inform you that I will SOON be posting another Update blog with new information about what is going on in my crazy life as promised. Also Im really thinking of doing more of these "mini book review" post after I get done with a new book. I read a ton and think it would spice up my blog bit, let me know your thoughts. Im now reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower, so be on the lookout for that! Hope you guys have an amazing week.

Cheers xx

No comments:

Post a Comment